I LOVE Stuffed Peppers because they are easy to cook lean, clean, and green! Can’t go wrong eating these for lunch or dinner. Great for the waist line and delicious for your taste buds. 🙂 Make some extra and eat them through out the week!
3 Green Bell Peppers
1 Small to Medium Red Onion (or sweet onion if preferred)
2 cloves Minced Garlic
1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
1 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Dried Parsley
1 Cup Baby Spinach
5 Fresh Basil Leaves Chopped
1 15 oz can (no salt added) Diced Tomatoes
1 Small Can Black Olives
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Spray a glass baking dish with olive oil or coconut oil spray and set to the side.
3. In a large skillet pan, heat the olive oil and add onions and garlic until onions are soft and translucent.
4. Cut the green peppers in half and clean out the seeds from inside. When the oven is ready, place the cut side of the peppers down on the glass baking dish and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Add the ground turkey and spices to the onions and garlic on the stove until turkey is fully browned.
6. Stir in baby spinach, basil leaves, diced tomatoes and olives until well combined. Set aside.
7. After the peppers have been in the oven for 10 minutes, take them out and flip them over. Using a spoon, scoop the turkey mixture into the hollowed out bell pepper halves. Sprinkle remaining black olives on top of the stuffed peppers.
8. Place peppers with the meat mixture back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
Serve right away! Enjoy! 🙂