This is one of the best chicken recipes I have ever made (inspired by yummly.com ‘s recipe for Sweet Rosemary Chicken). I tweaked a few things, but this recipe turned out AMAZING. So much flavor. My husband loved it, and I can tell this will be a new family favorite!
6 skinless Chicken Thighs
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp 100% pure organic maple syrup
1/2 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp lemon (freshly squeezed)
1 tbsp rosemary (freshly minced)
2 rounded tbsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, prepare the sauce. Add olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, and sea salt. Stir together and set aside.
4. Heat coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until hot (but not smoking). Add chicken top side down and cook for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking skin side down occasionally rearranging the chicken around in the pan for about 7 minutes. Flip chicken top side up and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn chicken top side down again, take a spoon and drizzle some of the sauce over each chicken (do not finish the sauce). Set remaining sauce aside and garnish skillet with rosemary and lemon slices.
5. Transfer cast iron skillet to the oven, and cook chicken for about 14 minutes. Flip chicken so top side faces up, take the spoon and drizzle some of the sauce over each chicken. Set remaining sauce aside. Place back in oven and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
6. When cooked through, take chicken out of oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Drizzle each chicken with remaining sauce and serve while still hot.