Need a healthy dinner for those football games this season? Now you don’t have to forget about your fitness goals to enjoy the food you love! This recipe is my husband’s new favorite and tastes JUST like real pizza without the added carbs from the crust! Remember, anything you love can be made healthier!
1 large spaghetti squash
1/2 pound Organic grass-fed ground beef
1/2 cup Organic marinara sauce (no added sugar)
Mozzarella cheese shredded
Fresh Basil leaves
Natural (Uncured pepperoni)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist with cooking spray.
3. Use a sharp knife to cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out all seeds from the center of the squash. Bake for 40-45 minutes with squash facing downward on the foil until the inside of the squash is cooked through and is easy to shred with a fork like spaghetti.
4. While waiting for the squash to soften in the oven, brown the beef over the stove and set aside.
5. Take the squash out of oven and turn the oven to broil. While waiting for it to heat, using a fork, shred the flesh of the squash until it looks like spaghetti. Add the marinara sauce and a small amount of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle sea salt and pepper to each half and mix very well with the spaghetti squash.
6. On top of the sauce, add the beef, a little more marinara sauce, a little more mozzarella cheese, basil leaves and pepperoni or other pizza toppings as desired.
7. Broil (now with toppings facing up) for 4-6 minutes watching very closely so they do not burn. When the cheese is melted and gets a bit browned the pizzas are done!
8. Enjoy immediately!