Most of the things we need to be fully alive never come in busyness. They grow in rest. -Mark Buchanan
I don’t know what it is about fall that makes me want to reflect on life. Maybe the way the leaves change color and fall to the ground remind me of change and make me wonder what needs to change in my own world. Whatever it may be, I have been thinking about life, and what makes for the most HEALTHY and abundant life. I have said it before and I will say it again. Health is more than having a toned body and a six pack. It is something that encompasses your whole being mentally, spiritually, and physically. Your relationships also play a key part in your health. Here are some questions I like to ask myself and reflect on once in a while that help me become the best me. Maybe they will help you too!
- Do you enjoy your life?
- Do you have fun?
- Do you participate in things that make you happy?
- Do you take care of your body? Exercising and eating healthy? Why or why not?
- Do you let your soul recover from a hard day? A hard week? A hard month? How?
- What is your idea of rest?
- Do you deal with tough issues or suppress them?
- Do you communicate well with the people around you? Do they know how you really feel? Are there things you want to tell them? Are there ways you can express yourself differently?
- Do you pray, journal, or have a healthy way to get things off your chest?
- Do you ever say no when you need a break?
- Do you challenge yourself to grow?
- Do you dream? Can you dream even bigger?
- Do you forgivie yourself for your shortcomings?
- Do you forgive others for their shortcomings?
- Do you surround yourself with people who uplift you and believe in you?
- Is there someone you can talk to honestly about the deepest things in your heart?
- Are there things you would like to to change?
- Are you living in the present? Or stuck in the past? Or obsessed with the future?
- Are there things you need to let go of/move on from?
- Are there places you want to go?
- Are you happy with your work?
- Do you notice nature/beauty through out your day?
- What steps can you take now?
Sometimes just taking some time to reflect can revive your soul. Dreams will come alive, ideas will pop into your head, healing will take place, and a fresh wind of change will blow. It is here that decisions are made to move forward into wholeness.