Feeling a little bloated after the weekend or your memorial day party? Those yummy foods taste good in the moment, but unfortunately they add some unwanted “fluff.” Here are my top 8 tips for de-bloating quickly! See results in as little as 3 days!
1. DRINK LOTS OF WATER- Flush out excess sodium and fluids by drinking at least half your body weight in water all through out your day. Even more if you workout a lot!
2. CUT BACK ON SALT- Salt and sodium retain water and cause you to look bloated. This can come from restaurant foods, canned products, chips, fast food, etc…! Use other spices to season your food for a few days!
3. EAT SMALLER PORTIONS- Eat every 2- 3 hours smaller portion sizes so your metabolism will quicken. Feeling stuffed just leaves you in misery and bloated.
4. EAT MORE POTASSIUM- Foods such as bananas, avocados, dark leafy greens, salmon mushrooms, and tomatoes have more potassium and cause the body to get rid of excess water weight!
5. SWEAT IT OUT- Sweating gets rid of excess fluid! Go run some sprints or do a great HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout!
6. EAT ASPARAGUS OR BRUSSELS SPROUTS- Both of these foods are diabetics which cause you to pee more and get fluid out of your body!
7. SIP ON PEPPERMINT OR GREEN TEA- Peppermint tea is great for the digestive system and will help reduce gas trapped in your stomach while green tea can also be used as a natural diuretic and gets rid of excess water weight. Make sure you drink plenty of water too!
8. ELIMINATE FOODS THAT CAUSE GAS- Soft drinks or carbonated drinks, artificial sweeteners, chewing gum, dairy and sugar alcohols cause unwanted gas. Eliminate or reduce these foods!