Ok guys, meet my all time favorite post workout drink! Pure organic coconut water!
No sugar added of course. 😉 I am partial to this brand just because I think it tastes delicious, but there are a few other options out there for you to try. There are SO MANY benefits to drinking coconut water. Here are 5:
1. SUPER HYDRATING- Coconut water is known to be one of the most hydrating drinks around! Surprisingly way more hydrating than sports drinks or or energy drinks. It is a natural source of electrolytes-perfect for refueling your body after a tough workout or when you are feeling dehydrated or sick.
2. GLOWING SKIN- This stuff makes you gorgeous from the inside out! Because it is so hydrating and packed with nutrients, it heals skin, treats acne, and makes skin look younger, wrinkle free, and softer!
3. HIGH IN FIBER- Fiber is a key product in losing weight! Fiber has no calories and gets your digestive track running smoothly! It helps with colon issues, and counteracts the natural sugar in coconut water!
4. RICH IN VITAMINS & MINERALS- Iron, magnesium, zinc, calcium, manganese, and many other vitamins essential to replenishing the body!
5. AIDS METABOLISM AND DIGESTION- Coconut water is consumed with many bioactive enzymes that aid with digestion and metabolism! Also a natural diuretic!
**Note: While Coconut water is wonderfully hydrating, drink it in moderation! The drink is low in calories, but it is high in natural sugars, which could counteract weight loss goals if consumed to often! Once in a while after a workout or in a smoothie is great! I typically use it as a replacement for sports drinks or soda.